Here are a few things I thanked God for during my quiet time this morning …
- Today and everyday, I have a God that loves me and forgives me, despite my faults and screw ups. Psalm 103:11-13
- I’m thankful that I am rich in marriage. Money can’t buy what I have. Lea is my soul mate and someone I can trust. I am minutes away from open arms at anytime during my day. She is my confidant, friend and lover. I have what all the Country & Western singers croon about. (And just think of it, my sweet wife only has … me! Pray for her.) Proverbs 18:22
- I’m thankful that God has blessed me with four boys to raise. I look at them and swell with pride. God has given me the huge responsibility of raising them to be Christian men, husbands and fathers. It’s a tall task, but one I’m honored to have. Psalm 127:3-5
- I’m thankful for a church that’s not content to sit on their hands (or backside), but wants to reach out and serve a community and the lost. My church family has been such a blessing to me in so many ways. I love doing ministry with them. Acts 2:42-47
- I’m thankful today for God’s word that blesses my life. It encourages me, rebukes me, disciplines me and gives me hope. It tells me about an amazing plan that God schemed in order to save His children. That plan included the unbelievable sacrifice of God’s own son. Psalm 119:105
What’s something you’re thankful for today?