I’m certainly not an expert in the field of blogging, but somehow I’ve been blessed by being asked to speak at the Tulsa Workshop this year on the subject of blogging. I’m still in the process of learning how to be a better blogger.
Something I’ve learned over the past couple of years is that the blogs I love to read and are drawn to follow these simple blogging rules …
- Post Regularly – It’s really hard for me to get into a blog that only posts a few times a month.
- Tickle my Emotions – Make me laugh or make me cry, but emotions play a huge role in attracting me to a blog.
- Be Relevant – I love people who post about topics that are real or things that are part of life. These are things I can relate to.
- Challenge Me – I love a post that not only makes me think, but challenges what I believe or how I live.
- Be Yourself – Let me see your personality. Tell me what you like, dislike, and struggle with. Be open.
- Keep it Short – Others may like to read long posts, but I can’t do LOOOOONG posts.
- Comments – If you want to draw people to your blog, leave comments on other’s blogs.
So, I’m really curious, what about you:
- What do you think makes a good blog?
- Why do you read the blogs that you do?