10. SELF IMPROVEMENT GIFTS – Nothing says, “I love you” like giving your wife a thigh-master, exercise video or diet book. Even if the package is adorned with multiple bows, it is impossible to give a gift of this class without offending the receiver. A gift or hint of this nature is as subtle as a battering ram and you’ll be sleeping on the couch.
9. HOMEMADE CLOTHING – A no-brainer. Remember Ralphie’s pink bunny suit in ”The Christmas Story”? It’s safe to say even if your hand-sewn creations are incredible delights, made with love, they will still hate it. So it’s probably best to keep the homemade sweaters and things like this to yourself.
8. PADDED TOILET SEAT – What were you thinking?
7. PUZZLES – A good puzzle can be a great way to get the family together. However, be wary of giving a puzzle to anyone between the ages of 15 to 25. This age group sees the concept of working on a puzzle akin to watching grass grow.
6. SAUSAGE SAMPLE PACK – Sausage is best in small quantities. Very few people really, truly have a need for 10 different kinds of sausage at any one time.
5. CANNED HAM – I didn’t even know this stuff still existed.
4. A ROSIE O’DONNELL sings your favorite Christmas songs CD … there’s a regifter for you!
3. UNDERWEAR – Women typically choose boxer shorts with overly cute designs for men. And men typically choose something too risqué — your average woman wouldn’t wear them in a million years.
2. USED CLOTHING – One lady said, “The Christmas after my 92-year-old grandmother, Bess, passed away, I received from my grandfather a used nightgown with Bess’s name written on the label! The ultimate in “re-gifting”!
1. FRUITCAKE – There is no Christmas gift more vilified, more dreaded, and more prolific than the Fruitcake. It has been said that there is only one fruitcake in the entire world, and people keep sending it to each other.
So, what can you add to this list? Click the “Comments” button and let me know!