- It’s quick. No paper, no pen and no stamps. Hit the “send” button and it’s there! It’s amazing what I can accomplish with email, and it’s amazing how fast I can do it.
- I love being able to contact large groups of people at one time. I often send email out to church members about our sick, prayer requests, announcements and upcoming events.
- Spell Checker, what’s not to love about spell-checker. I can’t spell a lick, and now you don’t even know it! Yea. Makes me look smart
Here are the reasons I DON’T like email:
- It’s impersonal. It’s much more fun getting real letters or Christmas cards in the mail; it just seems more personal.
- Junk mail. Yuk. Spammers always find me, but that’s okay. I’ll just keep hitting the delete button.
- Forwards. I don’t like forwards. I’m sorry but if I get something in my “inbox” that says, “Fwd” or “Forward,” I’m usually deleting it. No questions asked. Don’t get your feelings hurt, but I just don’t have time to read them. Then there are the “Fwd’s” that have the subject line of “If you delete this …. you have no heart.” You know what I do with those? Yep, deleted. And not one guilty feeling. But, I will tell you that you can trick me if you’d like. Take the “Fwd” out of the “subject” line and replace it with my name. I’ll open it thinking it’s a personal email. ha
My point is: aren’t you glad God sent us the Bible and not the Email to the Galatian churches or the forward to the Corinthians? Aren’t you glad God took the time, effort and love to personally pen you and I a love letter written by hand. I know I am. The Bible is not an effortless “forward” that was just passed on and on so many times you can’t even find the message within the email? I’m really glad God didn’t forward it to me to share with everyone because … I might have “accidentally” deleted it. I am so thankful for God’s written Word to us. It shows me just how much He loves me. How about you? What are your thoughts? Leave me a “comment” if you’d like.