One of my most favorite family activities is supper time. We try every day to sit down and have supper together as a family. Some of our best family time is spent around the table laughing and talking about things that happened during the day.
- If at all possible, we don’t start until everyone is home. There have been times when all of us but one have sat down and just waited on the last person to get home.
- Someone is going to say or do something that is going to make everyone laugh. Bonus points if you say something so funny that it makes milk comes out someone’s nose.
- Cell phones are off limits. You can’t answer cellular phones or text during supper.
- If the phone rings, we let the answering machine get it.
- If it’s Sunday, we talk about what we learned in bible class or what the sermon was about. During the week we talk about what’s happening at school, in sports or in the world. Anything to communicate together.
- We pray together, thanking God for the food and our family.
- Everyone has their official place or chair where they sit.
- We tell Lea/mom, “Thanks for supper, it was good.”