- I’m thinking that I love Sundays. Yesterday was an awesome day. God was worshipped, the church building was packed, visitors were present and the singing was fabulous. Now, if we could just figure out a way to get the preaching to improve.
Some religious blogs are, “…too immersed in the spiritual realm, blah, blah, blah.”
- I’m thinking that I don’t know how or why my blog was reviewed over at Blog-Search-Engine.com this week, but I sure appreciate their kind words. I thought it was cool that TreyMorgan.net is currently being listed as a feature blog. I did get a chuckle out of the part that said some religious blogs are, “…too immersed in the spiritual realm, blah, blah, blah.”
- I’m thinking that the testosterone was thick Thursday night at the For Men Only Garage Bible study. I had 14 men show up and a few call and say they couldn’t make it, but would be there next week. We’re studying about Samson and learning from his mistakes; how to be real men. I did have a couple of Mandles burning just to give the garage a manly smell.
- I’m thinking that I’m excited about the Morgan family going to Dallas this weekend. We’re going to catch a Texas Ranger game Friday night and do a little relaxing on Saturday. Then on Sunday I’m preaching at the Lakeside Church of Christ in Mansfield, Texas. Mine and Lea’s former youth minister, Shawn Williams, is the preacher there. Shawn had a big influence on Lea and I when we were in high school. I’m always a little nervous around Shawn, because he knew me when I was a teenager, and I’m sure he could tell everyone a couple of bad things I’ve done (smile). Lea is safe though, she was as perfect back then as she is today!
- I’m thinking I’m sad for Evan today. Evan is one of our high school seniors at church and spends quite a bit of time at my house. Last night Evan took a turn on a dirt road a little too quickly and wound up wrecking his pickup. Evan was fine but the truck was not. I went and helped him pull his pickup out of the ditch. I hurt for Evan last night. It’s never easy having to tell your mom and dad you wrecked your vehicle (I know, I’ve been there). Evan, is a regular reader of this blog, so I’d like to say to him, “Hang in there buddy, it’s going to be okay.”
How about leaving Evan a word of encouragement today? He could use it!