I laughed so hard that I had to cut out the “Dear Abby” article. It was a letter from a wife about her husband that read, “My husband has no clue how to be romantic. So I wasn’t surprised the other day when the ‘little present’ he got me for Valentine’s Day was a mood-ring. I’m not sure if my husband thinks I’m moody or not, but at least now he will be able to monitor my moods. When I’m in a good mood it turns green. When I’m in a bad mood it leaves a big red mark on his forehead! He just doesn’t get it … so maybe next time he’ll buy me a diamond ring.”
I am no romance expert, but guys, maybe instead of a mood-ring you should try one of these suggestions on how to be romantic in your marriage… (and wives, your husband would like these too)…
- Surprise your spouse by finding a babysitter for the kids and going out on a date.
- Leave a sweet note for your spouse to find.
- Give your spouse a “good” kiss for no reason at all.
- Call your spouse during the day just to say “I love you.”
- Make a list of “25 Things” that you love about your spouse. (ie: Do you know how many brownie points this list got me? I’m still reaping the benefits of the list.)
- Mail something to your spouse.
- Men … send flowers to your wife at her work place.
- Compliment your spouse everyday. (Remember the 5 to 1 ratio?)
- Plan an evening at home together by yourselves.
- Give your spouse a massage.
QUESTION: This Dear Abby letter got me to thinking, has your significant other given you something goofy like a mood-ring? I once gave Lea a broom! Not a good idea. And, on the other side of the argument, has your spouse ever done something that has really wowed you?
(A note from Lea: Thanks so much to everyone for the birthday wishes! I had a great day! Trey took me shopping and didn’t complain one bit. How “romantic”!)