- I think it’s amazing that over 30 have “signed up” for the 30 hour Dump Day fast on May 5th. I know there are a lot from my congregation that have told me, “I’m in.” A BIG thanks to those who are helping me get the word out by email, blogs, Facebook and Twitter. Tell everyone to stop by here on May 5th and pledge to give. I’m excited about this year’s Dump Day.
- I’m starting a 5 day Gospel Meeting tonight at the Highland Church of Christ in Tecumseh, Oklahoma. I actually don’t do a lot of meetings like this because I don’t like to be away from my family, but I’m really excited about this one. The church has gone above-and-beyond on advertising this meeting. I’m also looking forward to seeing special friends I have in the OKC area. If you’re in the Oklahoma City area, come on out. You can find all the details here.
- I love packing like a man when I go on a trip. Men don’t need a whole lot when going out of town. For example, I don’t have to have a different pair of shoes for each outfit. In fact, last summer when I went to Miami, I packed a week’s worth of clothes in one backpack. (Let’s see a woman do that.) I’m realizing though that packing for this Gospel Meeting/Revival is tough. I have to have clothes for everything … running, casual, dress, etc. It drives me crazy that I’m taking a HUGE suitcase for just a few short days. Makes me wish I had one of those Tim “the tool man” Taylor suits in a bag.
- There is a big group of Childress-ites (I guess that’s what we’re called) going on May 1st to run the Warrior Dash in Forney, Texas. The Warrior Dash isn’t a normal race but more of an obstacle course that will include running through a river, crawling though mud, climbing over hay bales, a mud slide, a swamp swim, a fire leap and more. Sounds like fun, doesn’t it? Everyone gets a SUPER cool Viking Hat at the end. How could ANYONE pass something like that up?
- Just a quick shout-out to my friend Michael, and the kind folks at the League Street CofC in Sulfer Springs, Texas. I just wanted to say thank you for your friendship and kindness. I hope someday we can get to know each other better.
Have a great day.