- I’ve ridden public transportation in a foreign country.
- I’ve had military police with machine guns, in a foreign country, board my bus to find out who I was.
- I’ve run at night through parts of Mexico City because I was told by a local that it was a very dangerous area.
- I’ve eaten food that I didn’t know what was.
- I’ve visited the worst of the worst in our penitentiaries.
But NEVER, EVER have I been as scared for my life as I was this morning when a little 72 year-old gentleman picked me up and took me for a cup of coffee. It was TERROR, PURE TERROR riding in his car. We darted around semi-trucks, zipped through intersections and flew across highways. I prayed, “Lord, WHAT HAVE YOU GOTTEN ME INTO!”
Just as I finished praying for my family to “go on without me,” we arrived safely. I laid there for a second in the fetal position and then got out of the car. With knuckes still white, I put both feet on the ground and prayed, “Thank you dear, Lord!”
I love what I do and I’ve always trusted the Lord, but I was really questioning the Lord on this one.