I had big plans for this weekend. Lea is gone with a group of ladies to a Women of Faith conference, and I envisioned a male bonding, bachelor-type weekend with me and the boys. I couldn’t wait to show the boys how much fun dads can be. The rules I laid down for the weekend were simple …
- Rule #1: Toilet seats are to remain in the raised position all weekend.
- Rule #2: All hand towels and little fancy soaps are legal to use any time.
- Rule #3: No glasses this weekend, we drink straight from the milk carton. “But,” I reminded them, “The blue milk carton is mine. Stay out of it because I don’t want any of your ‘kooties.’”
After about 3 hours without Lea, the manly-man weekend had already gone to hell in a hand-basket. In frustration over my lack of supper cooking skills, two of the boys had already asked, “Dad, when is mom coming home?” I still don’t know why the boys didn’t want a bowl of cereal for supper!
- I missed Lea when it came time to clean up a kitchen that had been totally demolished.
- I really missed Lea when it came time to get kids in bed by myself.
- I REALLY missed Lea when it came time to climb into a big king-sized bed all by my lonesome.
- AND I REALLY REALLY missed Lea at 2 a.m. this morning when Connor got up puking up his guts!!!
All I can say is … “HOW DOES SHE DO IT SO EFFORTLESSLY?” Every time she leaves, I’m slapped in the face by cold reality that, “The world can’t survive without MOMS!” Not only do they run the household, but they seem to do it with very little effort. Moms are superheroes and the world could not survive without them!!!
Thank you Moms for all that you do. AND Lea, if by chance you read this … I can’t wait until you get home! I miss you VERY much!
(Comment of the Day: Tucker said…
“Trey, Don’t you know that women know “the Secrets”? First, there are reasons why they don’t let you use those little fancy soaps…they make you sick, ie. Connor. Couple that with drinking straight from the carton and you are lucky it wasn’t coming out both ends.As for the toilet seat, they should remain in the upright position, it has been proven to be more sanitary as gravity allows germs to fall to the bottom of the seat. I point that out to many women. FYI, I have learned a little trick…help the boys destroy the house, and she will be mighty reluctant to leave again. (Spill Coke on the floor and leave it, that puts them over the edge) She will find it safer to take all of you with her!Good luck, I am sure you will survive.”)