It’s been a good week. Busy as always. Trips out of town to check on the sick, hospital board meetings, T-ball games and services at the prison were just a few of the activities this week.
- GARDENING: Lea and I spent the week setting out flowers in the flower beds. It’s something I’ve learned to like because that’s what she likes to do. Please, don’t revoke my man card. I still love “men” stuff, but if the most important person in my world likes to plant a flower garden, then I’m going to learn to like flower gardens too. I just like doing anything that requires spending time with her. I hope my marriage is as long and full of love as Ted & Mildred’s that I’m going to tell you about tomorrow. Great story. You won’t want to miss it.
- SEXY: Speaking of spending time together. Not too long ago, I was helping Lea clean house. Neither of us like the job of dusting and I always come up with an excuse to get out of it. I’ll do anything but don’t make me dust. I finished all the vaccuuming and decided I’d dust one small room just to be nice. As Lea came through the room I wanted her to notice that I was actually dusting, so I asked if my dusting was looking good. She stopped and looked over at me and said, “You know, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you looking sexier to me than you do right now with a dust rag in your hand.” My chest swelled with pride, and I finished dusting the “entire house” in all my sexiness.
- TEENAGERS: We have a party at our house tonight for a couple of the graduating senior boys at church. That means I’ll be helping clean house today. We’re expecting about 30 people. It’ll be burgers and hot dogs on the grill. And probably no bed time till midnight. Sheesh … teenagers make me tired.
- GIANTS AREN’T BIG: I love what God shared with me this week through His word. He kind of kicked me in the gut and reminded me to trust Him. In 1 Samuel 17, the armies of the Living God were all cowering in their tents went Goliath challenged them. Then David shows up and does something amazing. Instead of comparing his size to Goliath’s, he compares God to Goliath. Goliath looked like a tiny ant. That’s the mistake the Israelite army made. They were comparing Goliath’s size to theirs instead of God’s. I want to be like David, so when Goliath comes in the form of cancer, sickness, depression, death or some other big monster, I’ll say, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will hand you over to me, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head…” David rocks!
- PREACHING JESUS: I’m excited about Sunday. I’m preaching about Jesus. There’s really no better topic. Preaching about Jesus is like preaching an action movie. There was nothing boring about Jesus’ life and the sermon shouldn’t be boring either. My hope always is that if you attend church on Sunday, it is one of the BEST hours of the week! I believe people should look more forward to church than they do Lost, 24, or American Idol. When the lesson is about Jesus, it’s hard not to be excited. We just can’t get too much of Jesus, and he must be the church’s main focus. Last week I didn’t get a sermon on the sermon page, but I’ll try harder this week to get it done.
- BLOGGING: One last thing. One of the best things I like about blogging is getting to meet so many new people. I love the emails I get in my inbox and the comments to the posts. We’ve really had some good discussion lately. Thanks for making blogging fun.