- I got spammed yesterday. Fifty-seven times someone posted on the comment sections of my blog a link for “cheap Canadian Viagra.” It took me a couple of hours to delete all of them. I had to turn on the “word verification” for comments. I don’t know about you, but I hate doing word verification just to leave a comment. I’ll leave the word verification turned on for a while and then turn it back off and see if they are gone.
- We took a quick three day vacation this week. We went to Dallas where we lounged by a pool, relaxed and then caught a Texas Ranger’s baseball game. The lowly Rangers were playing the even worse Kansas City Royals. My friend Dane got us some great tickets twenty-three rows up and right behind home plate. In the eighth inning we had an usher that I’d been visiting with, ask if we’d like to go sit on the front row. I told him we’d love to. He moved us down to the the very first row right behind home plate. That was awesome. We also caught a ball during warm ups before the game and then later had two players and the manager sign it. Although the Royals won the game we still had a blast. I don’t think I mentioned that it was dollar hot dog night. The four of us polished off 18 hot dogs during the game.
- Parker, who will turn 16 in about a month, bought his first vehicle this week. It’s a 1996 Chevy Z-71 pickup. We had been looking for a while and he was wanting a pickup. The body is dinged up in places, but mechanically it’s a good pickup. Besides we can use it for hunting, cutting wood, and working and leave my pickup in the garage.
- The Childress church has a new web page http://www.childresschurchofchrist.com/. It’s nothing fancy, just a way for people to find us and information about the church. Swing by, take a look and tell me what you think. All it cost me was $10 for the domain name. I did the rest of it for free with WordPress.
- I’m in the middle of a sermon series on Sunday’s called, “Our Modern Moral Dilemmas.” It focuses on how the values and morals of our nation and families have changed in the past 50 years. The second lesson in the series “Television, Satan’s Favorite Tool,” is posted on the sermon link if you want to listen.
Have a great weekend, and if you’re in need of some cheap Canadian Viagra, just let me know … I think I still have the link
Parker & his new pickup!