I am PUMPED. I cannot believe what I’m going to get to do. It’s still almost “unbelievable” in my mind. It all got started when I wrote a silly post called, “10 Things I Wish my Wife Would Whisper in my Ear,” and then I asked my wife to have a follow up called, “10 Things I Wish Trey Would Whisper in my Ear.” It was an outrageous wish that looks like may actually happen. I cannot believe it. It’s like a dream come true. I’ll let you know the full details Monday. I am so excited!
I recently found these “jaw-dropping” statistics. Did you know …
- A major crime is committed every 6 seconds.
- A rape occurs every 6 minutes.
- A murder takes place every 23 minutes.
- This year 1,095,000 babies have been aborted.
- Texas now has it’s first 21 year old grandmother, because children are having children.
- Over 50% of graduating seniors who marry this next year will be divorced by the time their 21.
- The US has the highest incarceration rate in the world.
- In the 1950’s teachers reported that their biggest concerns were: talking in class and not paying attention. In 2006 teachers reported that their biggest concerns were drugs, weapons, metal detectors and violence in class.
- Two-thirds of American children don’t live with their two parents.
- Even our highest government office in the white house hasn’t been exempt from a sexual scandal.
- This list could go on and on and on and on….
Have you noticed how the values and morals of our country (and world) have changed over the last few years? In 1931 when the movie “Gone with the Wind” came out many were outraged and wouldn’t allow their children to see it because it used a vulgar word in the last line of the movie, “Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.” Wow, that seems so minor compared to the word they use today on simply prime-time television.
I kicked off a new series this past Sunday called, “Our Modern Moral Dilemmas.” Last Sunday’s lesson was “The Decaying of our Value System,” if you want to swing by and listen.
Thanks for reading… ~ Trey