Fathers can abandon their children in two ways. First, abandonment can take place when a father physically leaves his children and has little or no contact with them. And second, abandonment can take place by fathers when they are physically still close to their children, but they don’t give their children any time or attention.
Dad, do you know how important you are? Do you know what kind of role you play in the future of your children? Take a look at these jaw dropping statistics that were just released by the new US Department of Justice special report on dads…
- 85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders come from fatherless homes.
- 71% of all high school dropouts come from fatherless homes.
- 75% of all adolescent patients in chemical abuse centers come from fatherless homes.
- 70% of juveniles in state operated institutions come from fatherless homes.
- 85% of all youths sitting in prisons grew up in fatherless homes.
- 80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger come from fatherless homes.
- 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes.
These statistics translate to mean that children from a fatherless home are:
- 20 times more likely to have behavioral disorders
- 9 times more likely to drop out of high school
- 10 times more likely to abuse chemical substances
- 9 times more likely to end up in state operated institutions
- 20 times more likely to end up in prison
- 10 times more likely to commit rape
- AND 32 times more likely to run away from home
Hey dad … I have two words for you today, “Be there!” You play a powerful role in your child’s life. Don’t just produce a child, be a dad.
I’d be curious to know, just how important was the role your father played in your life while you were a child…?