My blog turns 5 years old today. I can’t believe I’ve stuck with this for five whole years. With Facebook and other places to share your thoughts, sometimes I wonder why I’m still blogging, but for now, I am. I’d like to give a shout-out to a handful of people…
- Thank you to those who take time to stop by and read. You may or may not have ever left a comment, but you stop by, and I thank you.
- Thanks to my friend, Monica, my fairy-blog-mother, who five years ago encouraged me to start blogging. She not only encouraged me, but also spent a lot of time showing me how to set up a blog.
- A BIG thanks to my sweet and beautiful wife, Lea, who three times a week has to hear me ask, “Hey babe, would you proof my blog before I publish it?” Also thanks to my kids who allow me to blog about them … like it or not.
- I’ve made some amazing friendships through my blog. V.A., a dear sweet man who we’ve fallen in love with. He has kind of adopted our family and we have been blessed by him. He has supported my family on mission trips and shared both his love, friendship and wisdom. N.B., who I’ve never met, but she has probably been reading my blog since day one. Her constant friendship and encouragement have been uplifting.
- God has used this blog for some incredible new ministries to take place. One year we raised $12,000 for feeding the Dump People in Honduras. A year later God helped us raise $50,000 more to continue the work of feeding hungry people in Honduras. In two weeks I’ll make another trip to Honduras to help with that ministry of feeding hungry people.
Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts, frustrations, humor and more of my life than I probably should. Have a GREAT Thanksgiving.