We don’t get (or make) a lot of time for television, but thanks to a DVR we can record shows we’ve missed and watch them at a later time. We often try to use television for some family time. Not all our family time takes place in front of the television, but it is nice to gather the whole family around for a show. Just for fun, here are 5 of our favorite shows we love to watch in the Morgan house.
- SPORTS – Hands down favorites are an NFL game, MLB game or NASCAR race. Those are the “big 3″ sports in the Morgan house, and we just can’t seem to get enough.
- SURVIVOR – Lea and I have watched it since season two, and it has now become a family event. We don’t watch Survivor until everyone in the family is there together. Everyone picks their favorite, and the game is on. Phrases like “First things first,” “The tribe has spoken,” and “We need a strong alliance” never get old to us.
- AMERICAN IDOL – This is another show for which my family gathers around the television and has a little family time. We’re actually newbies when it comes to Idol. We only started watching two seasons ago when our favorite, Chris Daughtry, was on the show. This year may be the best Idol yet from the stand point of people I like. I’m pulling for Jason Castro, rocker David Cook and Brooke White.
- THE AMAZING RACE – What is it about watching contestants going all over the world in a giant race that I find entertaining? I don’t know, but I like it. Just like Survivor, it’s just as much fun to root against someone you don’t like as it is to root for the people you do like. This is a don’t miss show.
- SPONGEBOB SQUARE PANTS – Spongebob never gets old. I have watched way too many terrible shows with my kids and afterwards I ask them, “Why do you like this show?” The answer is usually, “We just do.” But when we watch Spongebob Squarepants, no questions are necessary. Even if it’s an episode we’ve seen many times before, it never fails to entertain me.