I enjoy Christmas movies. It is a tradition in our household to watch certain Christmas movies every year together. We have our favorites and tend to watch the same ones over and over. It got me to thinking about what my favorite Christmas movies are. Shrek the Halls was sure funny this year, but it’s too new to make the list.
So, here are my top 5 Christmas movies…
5. Home Alone (I can’t ever get too much of Kevin McCalister giving it to the bad guys.)
4. The Grinch (Jim Carey was a great Grinch.)
3. Charlie Brown’s Christmas (My favorite as a kid is still one of my top 5.)
2. Elf (Will Ferrel is so funny.)
1. Christmas Vacation (My favorite by far. Does anyone have a Cousin Eddie in their family?)
As for Christmas music, I’m an old fashioned guy. Is there any better traditional Christmas songs than The Christmas Song (You know, “Chestnuts roasting on an open fire…”) and Sleigh Ride? And, I like the traditional singers from the old days too. Johnny Mathis and Bing Cosby are a must in my cd player. Don’t come near me with a Mariah Carey and N-Sync cd. What do they know about Christmas anyway?
As for Christmas music, here are 4 Christmas CD’s I’m currently enjoying on my IPod…
- James Taylor at Christmas
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s – Christmas Trilogy
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Diana Krall – Christmas Songs
- Here’s a Christmas CD I’m going to love when it gets here. Have you placed your order for one yet?
So what are some of your favorite movies and music?