- DUMP DAY: We’ll kickoff Dump Day tomorrow morning at 8 a.m. (CST). Stop by tomorrow and make a pledge of any amount. Just leave a comment (anonymous or sign in, doesn’t matter) and say, “I’m pledging to send $______ amount.” Then we can keep a running tally of where we are on a total for the dump fund. Also, don’t forget to check back in throughout the day and see where we are “total-wise.” I’ll be at my laptop all day tomorrow keeping up with the amount. Also tomorrow I will have addresses where you can send your checks, or if you’d like, you can use the Paypal button on the side of my blog.
- 30 HOUR FAST: Some of you are doing the 30 hour fast with me. Here’s what I’m doing… I will begin my fast tonight (Tuesday) at bedtime, and I’ll end my fast Thursday morning when I get up. That will have me fasting the entire day Wednesday. As the Dump People are fed on Wednesday, they will actually eat better than I will (that may be a first). You are welcome to plan your fast anyway you want to. If you’d like to start Tuesday afternoon, or whatever, it’s okay… just do the fast the way it fits you best. If you need some tips on fasting, here’s something I wrote on fasting a few years ago.
- ALTERNATE FASTS: Some who aren’t able to do the 30 hour fast have come up with alternate ways to fast. Some have told me they are giving up television, internet, etc. One nice lady isn’t able to do the fast, chose instead to give up her daily Sonic Route 44 drinks for a month. She sent me a check for the amount she would have spent on drinks for the month of May.
- THE DUMP DOCUMENTARY: My friend Andy Hubright has been working on a documentary about the dump for a few months. He shot all the scenes for the following amazing video on his iPhone. I asked Andy a few months ago if it would be possible for him to have a short version of his documentary ready for Dump Day. Andy has gone above-and-beyond to see that a short version was ready. This is not the finished product, but it will gives us a little better idea of what goes on at the dump. I also want you to understand there are some graphic scenes in the video. Here are a few other things Andy would like you to know about the video….
scenes missing which will be included in the longer version.
– The full version of the video will be done July, and viewable for
free online at a website TBA.
– This video will only be up for only 1 week.
– If you would like to be notified when the full version is done, send an email to email@example.com or “friend” him on facebook, Andy Hubright.
(Video take about 20 seconds to start)
Let’s make a difference in the world, one person at a time. See you tomorrow…