I’ve been getting lots of Dump Day questions, and I’m going to try and answer some …
QUESTION: How do we give this year? There are several ways to give this year, but the two best are …
- You can send a check via snail mail to: Honduras Hope, PO BOX 9222, Columbus MS, 39705 (attn: Dump Fund). This is a tax deductible donation. You can also collect checks at church, work or other and mail them to the address above.
- You can give online by going to Bread For A Hungry World’s, website and on the top right there’s a “Give to the Dump” donation button. Bread for a Hungry World is helping partner in our work at the dump. The are going to add $5 per donor to each donation given tomorrow. This is also a tax deductible donation.
- I’m trying to encourage everyone to use one of these two forms of giving I just mentioned. I’ll also remind you that my Paypal button is always on this page, and while you’re welcome to use it, please understand that my Paypal is NOT going to be a tax deductible donation.
QUESTION: What does it mean to make a pledge?
- We try hard to keep up with how much has been donated throughout Dump Day (tomorrow), so we always ask you to make a comment on my blog to saying that you just pledged (or gave) a donation of “$100″ (or whatever the amount was). You can do it anonymously or just make the comment. This is not so we can say, “Look what we’ve given,” or “Look what we’ve done,” but so we can keep up with a close estimate on the total … and give God the glory.
QUESTION: How do I fast?
- I’m encouraging a food fast for 30 hours. I’ll start mine at bedtime tonight and end it Thursday morning when I get up. No food on Dump Day. If you want to do yours for 24 hours, that’s okay. If you want to start and end at a different time than mine, that’s okay. But consider a fast of some kind tomorrow. I will fast from food but will drink liquids. If you can’t fast from food (because of health reasons), fast from something else like television, eating out, driving (walk tomorrow), etc. Use tomorrow to remind yourself how blessed you are materially and how some are NOT so blessed as you and I.
QUESTION: Anything special going on this year?
- Tonight at 8 CST, we’re going to have a big conference call to pray together. The number is 719-387-0599, then use access code 256151. We’re going to have a couple of people praying, and we’ll all be asking God to bless tomorrow’s Dump Day.
QUESTION: How do I get a print of the little boy at the dump?
- We have about 200 prints of this picture. If you’d like one that is signed and numbered by the artist, we’d like to give you one. We’re asking for a $150 donation for a print and we’ll have one mailed to your home. It is essential that you include somewhere with your donation “I would like a print,” along with your name and address.
QUESTION: What can I do to make a BIG difference on Dump Day tomorrow? (3 Things…)
- Pray and ask God to bless our day.
- Make a donation.
- Tell everyone you know. Use your Facebook, Twitter, blog, email, etc to spread the word. That is the key to making this work.
Do you have a question that I missed?
See you tomorrow at 8 a.m. when Dump Day 2011 kicks off. I’m SO excited.