Dump Day and the 30 Hour Fast for 2013 is right around the corner (May 8th). For the past 4 years we’ve helped raised money for the ministry that takes place at the dump in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. Dump Day 2013 is necessary to replenish the dump fund because the dump fund provides…
- Weekly feedings (a hot meal) at the dump.
- In the summer when mission teams are there we do several feedings per week.
- In the past a small scholarship was given to a graduate from a local school that’s in a very poor community just outside the dump. Many of the kids from this community grow up going to the dump and working there. Our goal is to encourage them to finish school (the best change for their future).
- The dump fund provides much of the annual Jesus Banquet where the poorest of the poor are served.
- The dump fund helps sponsor a day care just outside the dump so parents won’t take their children into the dump. Some of the additional things provided for the day care this year was formula, beds, kitchen equipment, etc.
- One of the things I LOVE is that Marc Tindall uses dump fund to provide several ladies at the dump with milk for the babies. Marc generally tells them, “If you won’t bring your baby to the dump, I’ll help provide you milk,” an essential for a newborn.
- Throughout the year there are needed medical expenses for people from the dump. A $15 antibiotic, which a person from the dump can’t afford, can sometimes make a difference between life and death.
- One of the things your past donations helped with was a young boy named Oscar whose leg was run over by a truck at the dump. The hospital said they were going to amputate Oscar’s leg because he could not afford $400 worth of pins to fix the leg. The dump fund covered the pins. We also helped a lady named Brenda with a c-section and young man who was hit by a truck.
These are just a few of the things that we used the dump fund for last couple of years. There were many others. We’d love to help with a project at Buen Samaritano (the small community where many of the dump workers live) by providing water, school supplies, medical needs, food for a feeding center, etc.
Please pray about Dump Day 2013 that will take place on May 8th and help us SPREAD THE WORD. We’ll be having a 30 hour fast as well that day. Thanks so much for ALL your help with the ministry at the dump.