- Let me kick things off with a “Happy Birthday” to the big Coop! Way to go Cooper – 6 years old today!!! He got to choose where he wanted to go eat for supper last night. He chose Chinese food at the Deuce. He’s a smart kid (“Train up a child in the way he should go…”). Wow, Lea is sure a good sport about all this Chinese food. Recently while eating at the Deuce, one of the boys mentioned that this was just like heaven is going to be, “We’re going to be eating Chinese food in heaven every day.” To which Lea replied, “If I’m eating Chinese food after I’m dead … I didn’t make it to heaven.”
- For all the 100’s of fortune cookies we’ve opened last year, 99% of them have been really lame. Here recently we’ve been on a pretty good fortune cookie roll. We had a cool one the other day that said, “A rub and a tub will do a body good.” Amen to that one. Then just last week Lea opened one that said, “Go ahead and be as sexy as you can.” I personally think she’s already got that one down to an art.
- For the first time in about 15 years, we have no kids at home during the day. With Cooper starting kindergarten this year, Lea and I are enjoying some new quality time after we get the kids off to school. It’s been really cool to have about an hour every morning to talk, drink coffee, pray, etc. We’re talking about doing a Bible study together in the mornings, which I think is a GREAT idea. We’re currently reading a book together and discussing it. It’s been pretty fun to do. Can’t wait to tell you more about it, but I’ve got to get Lea’s permission.
- Here’s something cool … me and a couple of other men have all got a “Proverbs” accountability thing going. We started reading a chapter of Proverbs every day. I don’t think you can go wrong reading words from the wisest man in history. Here is how we’re doing it. Whatever the date of the month is, that’s the chapter we read (IE – today’s the 21st, so we read Proverbs 21). Since there’s 31 chapters in Proverbs, we’re reading the book completely through every month. Periodically, we ask each other how we liked this verse or that verse from the chapter we read that day. It’s been really cool to have some accountability on the reading (Rickey & Ryan – you better get it done today). Tuesday I text-messaged Rickey from my cell phone and asked him, “What did you think of verse 22 today (18:22 )?” He immediately texted me back, “We’re two lucky guys aren’t we?” I replied, “Oh, yea!”
3 Questions …
- Have you ever got a cool message in a fortune cookie?
- Have you ever had a Bible study with your husband/wife?
- Do you have any accountability groups?