We took a handful of boys to two Texas Ranger’s games this weekend. We had a great time. Here are a few of my thoughts on the weekend…
- The guys in the above picture are generally at our home every evening watching, playing baseball or just hanging out. Four of the boys in the above picture are graduating this year from Childress High School. Just a quick shout out to them, “Cozy, Kregg, Logan, and Sawyer… Lea & I are very proud of you guys. We know you will do well in whatever you set out to accomplish. Remember to make God a priority and know that our home is always open to you.”
- These guys consumed over 60 hot dogs at these two games. I think they would have put away more, but on Saturday our seats were on the other side of the stadium from the “cheap” hot dog stand, and an hour after the game they asked, “Can we stop and get something to eat?”
- It’s fun to be a Ranger’s fan right now. They won both games we saw and swept the Angels. The Texas Rangers are one of the hottest teams in baseball.
- Due to a rain delay on Saturday, we didn’t get home until midnight. I was proud that all of the boys, but one, got up for church the next morning. (I won’t name any names right here
- I must say that Lea amazes me. Despite being as sweet and feminine as any girl I know, she’s learned to adapt in life to a lot of things that aren’t considered “girly.” Not only does she love watching baseball, but she can talk baseball just as good as any guy. The other night I heard her make the comment, “I like it when the Rangers bat Andrus in the two hole. I think it gives them more speed at the top of the line up.” I’m sure my jaw dropped open as I was thinking to myself, “I’m not sure I’ve ever found her more attractive than I do right at this very second!”