Here’s a few things I’d like to run by you…
- GIVE AWAY: When I do giveaways I use Random.org to generate the random number so I’m not the one that makes the picks. I’m still laughing about who was picked for the $25 Barnes and Noble winner….it’s Laci. She said something nice about me on her comment and then invited me to come to Lake Washington and Seward Park. When she made that comment, I told her she deserved to win just because of her kindness. Karma maybe? (Lol.) Congratulations Laci. If you will email me your address, I’ll get it in the mail to you. My email address is under my picture on this page.
- BLOGLINES: I think everyone is seeing the new website now. Those who use Bloglines as a reader will need to update their feed to continue to get this blog.
- FUNNY: The comments on Thursday’s post “What I remember about Church as a Kid,” were great. I don’t remember laughing so hard over comments. I’ve got another idea for a “What do you remember” post I’ll do later next week.
- HONDURAS INFO: Some of you have REALLY been touched by the Honduras work. I believe that God sometimes touches your heart with something because He wants you involved and so many of you have gotten involved. If you’re interested, here’s another area that you can help… I’m taking a group of 46 to Honduras this summer for a huge work week. We will be doing things like building houses, feeding at the dump everyday, doing a medical clinic, doing a dental clinic, doing feedings in little surrounding villages, etc. There are a BUNCH of supplies we need to take for the Hondurans that someone might want to adopt for their church, social club or work. For example, we’re going to need LOTS of tubes of generic over-the-counter cortisone cream like you get at the Dollar Store or other discount stores. Other examples are children’s vitamins and Pepto-tabs (all available in generic at discounts stores). That’s just a couple of things we’re going to take in suitcases to Honduras with us. If your church, work-place, social club, etc, want to adopt one of these to gather up, let me know by email and I’ll give you the details of exactly what we need.
- DUMP FUND STORY: Also, speaking of Honduras, if you made a pledge to the Dump Fund, please don’t forget to send it. Just in case you forgot, you can find the addresses by clicking here. Also a big thanks to The Childress Index, who did a nice story on “Dump Day” and a 12 year-old boy named Christopher that helped us raise an extra $25,000. You can read it here: Part 1 and Part 2.
- COOL HONDURAS BUTTON: If you notice on the right hand side of this page towards the bottom, you’ll see a brand new “Honduras – Mission Possible 2010″ button. My friend Duane Scott built the button and fixed it where anyone can add it to their blog too. All you have to do to add it is copy the code and then add it to a sidebar on your blog. Then when the button is clicked on (on any website or blog), it takes you back to the Honduras posts on this blog. It helps spread the word about the Honduras Project, Dump Day, etc. Feel free to place the button on your blog if you’d like and help us spread the word.
- SERMONS: Due to issues with my old sermon site, I’ve now changed my sermon site to PodBean. I’ve got a new series of sermons I’m currently doing on God. If you’re interested in listening, subscribing through iTunes or a good 30 minute nap, just click here to find them.