I really need to get busy. I’ve got a busy Monday ahead and don’t really have time to be thinking about the following things … but I am. So here are a few things I SHOULDN’T be thinking about …. but I am:
- BIRTHDAYS: Thanks for all the birthday wishes on Facebook. I had a great birthday yesterday. Having all my family here for the day was about as good a gift as I can get. Lea cooked me two meals I requested and last night we watched a movie together as a family.
- WILLIE: Since my post last week about Willie, some of you have helped him with things he was needing, and I thank you. Some gave me a little money to help fill a large bottle of propane to heat his house, some brought groceries & clothes for him and one kind local man gave him a little work. I’ll keep you updated on Willie. Some of the things he tells me just crack me up … I’ve got to write a post sometime and share some Willie-isms.
- FOOTBALL: I got to watch a little NFL football this weekend. There were some great games. My picks for the Super Bowl were the Ravens and Bears, but I’m not sure anyone can get past the Patriots. The fact that the Eagles lost this weekend made it a great weekend. Now if the Steelers will just go down. My worst nightmare would have been a Steelers vs Eagles Super Bowl. I think I would have crawled up in a fetal position and cried through the whole thing.
- AUGMENT: Our Extreme Home Makeover project is almost done. I can’t wait to tell you all the details on it.
- HOME IMPROVEMENTS: Lea and I are in the process of doing some home improvements at our house. We’ve been needing to do a few facelifts and repairs in some rooms. A new coat of paint & replacing some old light fixtures in our bedroom this weekend sure spruced it up. I like the color of the room, but it sure wasn’t my first choice. I was hoping she’d choose the color I liked called “Midnight Desire.” Actually, I wasn’t crazy about the color but the name was AMAZING!
- MINISTRY: I absolutely LOVE what I do. I have the VERY best job in the world, and get this … they pay me for it. I also love the fact that the church that I serve loves ministry too. They are more than willing to get out, get their hands dirty and serve the community in which they live. That’s doing church. That’s living your faith out loud. That’s being salt and light.
Thanks for reading. See you tomorrow…