My sister, Monalea, “tagged me” asking me to reveal 5 things about myself. Okay, I’ll play along.
FIVE THINGS YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT ME:
- About 12 years ago I ballooned to an unhealthy 255 lbs. I decided I didn’t want to be the “biggest preacher” in the brotherhood, so I made a lifestyle change. I dropped 60 pounds and thankfully I haven’t ever gone back to my “big” self.
- I get teased for keeping my cars really, really clean. What can I say, I like clean cars. Besides, you know the saying, “Dirty car, dirty mind.” Okay, maybe that’s not a real saying.
- The hardest thing I’ve ever done physically is run a marathon. I did the 26.2 miles in 1998. At mile 24 I got dehydrated and started throwing up and wanted to die. I kept thinking to myself, “Trey (that’s what I call myself), if you just step out in front of that oncoming car, you can end it all and not hurt anymore.” At mile 25, there were two men who were trying to encourage me by saying, “You can do this. Don’t give up!” I think I threw up on their shoes, at least I hope so. At mile 26, I spotted my wife and kids at the finish line and finished strong. Although I’m glad now I did the marathon, and I still love doing half-marathons, I seriously doubt I’ll ever do another full marathon.
- When I was a kid I was force fed things like rice, veggies and stew. I vowed when I got older I’d never eat those things again. Now all three are some of my favorite foods.
- Because I’m 6’4” I have trouble finding clothes that fit. Most shirt’s sleeves are too short and most pants are not long enough. It makes me feel sorry for Parker, my 16 year old, who’s now pushing 6’6”.