Maybe I give out more information about myself than I should, but I think if you’re going to read my blog, you need to know a little about the person who writes it. The following is a questionnaire that someone asked me to fill out. And while I usually hate this stuff … I actually had fun filling this one out.
1. My Favorite Movie: (Uh…there are a few…)
- Comedy: Dumb & Dumber (hands down best ever)
- Action: Troy (300 & Gladiator ranks up there very close)
- Drama: Castaway
- Series: Star Wars
- Fun Movie: Nacho Libre’ (If it’s on, I’m watching it)
- Chick Flick: Sahara (It has Matthew McConaughey in it)
2. My Favorite Restaurant:
- Mexican Food – Tacos Garcia (Mexican food so authentic that you can’t drink the water)
- Of All Time – Fogo De Chao (Possibly the most “manly” restaurant ever created)
- Italian – Cici’s Pizza (good pizza + cheap = great combination!)
- Fast Food: Taco Villa (It’s like a Taco Bell, but with flavor)
- Local – Dawson’s – Because my friend Charlie works there.
3. Bands/People/Shows I Have Seen Live In Concert:
- Jack Johnson (My favorite singer by far)
- Huey Lewis and The News (He was awesome in the 80’s)
- Kenny Rogers (Yea … take my man-card now!!!)
- The Nutcracker Ballet (If Lea’s wearing her little black dress…I’d follow her anywhere … even to a ballet)
- Mel Tillis (DON’T EVEN ASK)
4. Preachers That Are Currently Mentoring Me through their Blogs/Sermons/Tweets/Etc:
5. The Coolest Places I’ve Ever Been:
- Bristol Motor Speedway
- Mexico City
- Las Vegas
- Yosemite National Park
- On a date with Lea
6. Some Blogs You Should Read:
- Ladies: Show Up Naked With Food (An awesome little blog about marriage & sex)
- Men & Women: The Merry Blogger (A wonderful little marriage blog)
7. Some Things I Want To Do One Day:
- See James Taylor in concert.
- Sit in the dugout with the Texas Rangers, hob-nobbing with Josh Hamilton.
- See my sons marry good Christian girls.
8. Things I LOVE To Do Now:
- See my children laugh.
- Play Wiffleball in the backyard with my boys & their friends.
- Sit by a warm fire on a cold winter day with a good cup of coffee.
- Have quiet time with Lea in the mornings.
- Beat my boys in Wii golf (won’t last long, I think they’re practicing while I sleep)
- My job/ministry. I love what I do.
- Date Night
9. Some Things I Want To See Before I Die:
- I want to see ANYONE who wants to do mission work have the financial support to do it, without having to beg for it.
- I want to see the church be as merciful and forgiving as God is.
- I want to see Christians stop griping about what they don’t like and start focusing on what needs to be done.
10. Some People I Would Love To Hang Out with for a Day:
- Lance Armstrong (So we can swap cancer stories)
- George W. Bush
- Baarak Obama
- Joel Osteen (I want to tell him, “It’s okay NOT to smile sometimes”)
- Cody Chisum (Childress High School football coach & all around great guy)
11. Some Things That Keep Me In Awe:
- That God loves me in spite of my faults! (Romans 5:8)
- That God forgives me in spite of my stupid mistakes! (Luke 15:11-23)
- That God is patient with me when I act like a fool! (Luke 15:25-31)
- I told you a long time ago … I first met Lea when she was 15. I was 4 years older than her, and she asked me if I could help her out by pretending to be her boyfriend. There was another boy chasing her that she didn’t like, and she thought if she pretended to go out with a bigger and older guy, he’d leave her alone. I told her I’d be a nice guy and pretend as long as she needed me to. Now, after 4 years of dating, twenty-two years of marriage and four children later, it just hit me that I may need to go ask Lea, “We’re not still pretending, are we?”
SO, tell me some things about you … I’d love to know.