I’m getting a little time off at the end of this week and my family and I are heading to Red River, New Mexico. We’ll be attending the Red River Family Encampment and then spend a little time vacationing before coming home. Here are a few things I’m looking forward to over the next ten days or so …
- On the TOP of the list … mountain weather … 70 degree weather during the day and 40 degree temps at night. This is probably on the top of the list because over the past three weeks in Childress there have only been 2 days that we haven’t reached triple digits.
- Listening to some great bible lessons.
- Playing lots of catch (baseball) with my boys.
- Sneaking off to do some fly-fishing with Parker.
- Laying in the big porch-swing on the back porch … until I dozed off.
- Getting to teach some classes at the Family Encampment and visiting some new (and old) friends.
- Eating things (ice cream, fried foods, candy) I don’t usually eat.
- Playing kick-the-can and lots card games … like dimes and up-and-down the river. Even playing Wahoo with Connor … and I hate that game.
- Afternoon mountain rain showers.
- Laying in the floor and watching movies as a family …. for hours.
- Spending sometime reading my bible for just me. Asking, “What’s this saying to me?” instead of, “How could I teach this text?” I struggle at times with reading the bible the wrong way.
I haven’t mentioned it in a while, but as always, thanks for reading my blog. I’m honored that you’d take time to stop by.