Lea and I snuck off to the Dallas/Fort Worth area this week for a few days. Lea actually planned the 3 days perfectly. We stayed in some really great places, ate some amazing food, watched some baseball and enjoyed celebrating 24 years together. Here are 11 things I learned this week from my trip…
1. I learned … you can never go wrong with a restaurant that includes a roll of paper towels on the table.
2. I learned … Registered Massage Therapists have magic in their fingers.
3. I learned … Lea knows how to plan amazing trips, right down to the last little details. Me? Not so much!
4. I learned … you can still find a homeless person to feed … even on an anniversary trip.
5. I learned … people watching is a fun activity to do together … and it’s free.
6. I learned … I love a new pair of running shoes.
7. I learned … sometimes I’m the one buying the shoes and Lea’s the one trying to be patient (see #6).
8. I learned … we miss our boys … even when we’re gone for a few days.
9. I learned … my feet are VERY ticklish … (see #2).
10. I learned … finding time to pray for our children was one of the best parts of the trip.
11. I learned … I still consider myself the luckiest man in the world to have married the girl I did.