- Use big words that no one uses in everyday life.
- Don’t use humor.
- Don’t make any life applications.
- Don’t challenge me or encourage me.
- Quote tons of scripture and don’t tell any stories.
- Preach about the Hittites, Perizzites or Jebusites instead of something relevant today.
- Be long winded. No one really has anything else to do anyway.
- Don’t ever use visual stimulation like PowerPoint or object lessons.
- Use half your sermon to explain how to translate a word from the original Greek.
- Only beat me up, never build me up.
Get the idea? Every one’s time is valuable. If I want people to come back, I’d better give them something they can use.
So, did I forget any? Agree or disagree with my list?