At the first of this week I shared with you, “10 Things that Frustrate me as a Minister.” I think it’s only fair that I also share with you this post … 10 Things I LOVE About Being a Minister…
- I love getting to be a part of people’s lives. What an honor it is to be at the biggest events in people’s lives … births, baptisms, weddings, funerals, etc.
- I love people … helping people, being around people and watching people grow spiritually.
- I’m the luckiest man ever, because I get to get up every Sunday and speak to people about Jesus.
- I love the church where I work. They are SO good to me.
- I love that I married a woman who excels at being a minister’s wife.
- I love getting to live my faith, marriage and life out-loud for the world to see.
- I love seeing worldly, hard people change and become more like Jesus.
- I love that I have people in my life that minister to me. Friends that lift me up in prayer, encourage me and care about my needs.
- I love just being myself in ministry. There’s nothing about my title that should ever make me be portrayed as pious, perfect or mistake-free. I’m just a normal person.
- I love getting to help the very needy and overlooked. I love things like feeding hungry people and picking up a guy on the side of the road who needs a room for the night.
What do you love about your ministry, church or vocation?