- You really can’t remember if it was Moses or Noah that took the animals on the ark.
- You fall for the old preacher’s joke, “Turn in your bibles to the book of Hezekiah,” when there really is no book of Hezekiah.
- You think the old saying “cleanliness is next to godliness” is actually a verse in the Bible.
- The preacher announces the sermon is from Genesis and you have to check the table of contents.
- You think Shadrack, Meshack and Abednego are 3 of the 31 ice cream flavors at Baskin Robins.
- You’re just sure that “Do not dance” and “Do not gamble” are two of the ten commandments.
- You notice that your bible that you’ve had for the past twenty years still feels and smells new.
- You think Hercules was an Old Testament judge.
- You believe absolutely everything that the newspaper and television says, but you question the truthfulness and reliability of the Bible.
- You say, “So that’s where it’s been,” when your discover your bible in the same box as your old high school year books.
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. ~ 2 Timothy 2:15
Can you think of others?