Katy is the book winner from last week’s giveaway. Congrats. I will be sticking a book in the mail to her later this week.
Lukewarmness is a battle I have to fight regularly. Being lukewarm as a Christian is NOT good. Lukewarmness is found somewhere between being hot (on fire for God as he demands) and being cold (having no desire to follow God). Revelation 3:15-16 has always been tough for me to comprehend, because Jesus is SO hard on the lukewarm. He actually says he’d rather you and I be “cold” rather than lukewarm, and that lukewarmness is disgusting enough to God to make him vomit.
I don’t know a better chapter on lukewarmness, than Chan’s in his book, “Crazy Love.” So with that in mind, here are 10 signs you might be a lukewarm Christian …
1. You think more about like on this earth (and how to be comfortable here) than you do about eternal life.
2. You give out of your leftovers rather than making it a priority.
3. You only seek God when you are in a bind.
4. You say you believe in God, but live as though he doesn’t exist.
5. You crave acceptance from people more than acceptance from God.
6. You rarely (or never) share your faith.
7. You say you believe in God, but you don’t strive to know Him.
8. You base your morality on comparing yourself with others, rather than on what God says.
9. Your life is really no different than others in the world.
10. You want to know Christ just enough to save you from hell, but not enough have to change your lifestyle.
Can you add one?