Every year on the first Wednesday in May, we meet here on this blog to raise money to bless the ministry that takes place at the Tegucigalpa dump in Honduras. That money provides for things like food, milk for newborns, medical emergencies, and on and on. This year’s Dump Day is May 2nd, and here are 10 good reasons you should give this year…
- GIVE because they really needed. The people at the dump are the poorest of the poor in this 3rd world country, and if we don’t give … no one will.
- GIVE because God wants you too. “If a brother or sister is without clothing and in need of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and be filled,” and yet you do not give them what is necessary for their body, what use is that?” James 2:15-16
- GIVE because God will bless you. Proverbs 19:17 says, “If you help the poor, you are lending to the Lord, and he will repay you!”
- GIVE because it’s fun. Seriously … giving is a blast … unless you’re a Scrooge.
- GIVE because “our stuff” really isn’t “our stuff” in the first place. Everything we have belongs to God, we are just the managers of the stuff He’s given to us. So share a little of the things God has given you.
- GIVE because you can. “If you have two shirts, give one to the poor. If you have food, share it with those who are hungry.” Luke 3:11
- GIVE because you’ve been blessed abundantly. If you own a car, you are in the top 10% of the wealthiest people in the world. God has blessed you abundantly … share a little of what you’ve been given.
- GIVE because you want to, not because you feel guilty. “You must each decide in your heart how much to give. And don’t give reluctantly or in response to pressure. “For God loves a person who gives cheerfully.” 2 Corinthian 9:7
- GIVE because people are hungry. The ministry at the dump gives them not only physical food, but spiritual food. The people at the dump see God’s love through words, actions and smiles. They know they are loved.
- GIVE because God has given to us.“For God SO loved the world that He GAVE His one and only son …” John 3:16. God is a great giver.
Please help us spread the word about Dump Day 2012 by sharing this post on Facebook and Twitter.
See you on May 2nd for Dump Day 2012…