Sometimes it’s the subtle and sneaky things that creep into our marriages that destroy the relationship. Little things so gradual that we don’t really notice them before they’ve become HUGE problems. Be on guard of subtle things like these…
1. LIFE STARTS TAKING PRIORITY OVER YOUR MARRIAGE. Things like paying bills, work, children all start taking priority over marriage relationship.
2. YOU START TAKING YOUR SPOUSE FOR GRANTED. You get comfortable and quit trying in marriage.
3. YOU MARRY YOUR WORK. Yes, you can spend too much time at the office. At the end of your life you will not look back and say, “I wish I would have spent more time at work.”
4. YOU BLAME. Everyone is at fault for your marriage struggles … your spouse, your in-laws, your parents … everyone but you.
5. YOUR SOULMATE BECOMES YOUR ROOMMATE. God never created marriage, so we could have a roommate but a soulmate. Marriage is about intimacy, oneness and togetherness … not just cohabitation with someone of the opposite sex.
6. YOU STOP PUTTING YOUR SPOUSE AND THEIR NEEDS FIRST. You quit working to meet their needs and do the things you once did.
7. YOU AVOID SEX. We know it can be hard sometimes to find the time or energy … especially if you have kids. On the other hand, if your spouse is not having their physical needs met at home – then you are throwing the door wide-open for them to go and get those needs met somewhere else.
8. YOU GET RESENTFUL AND HOLD GRUDGES. Resentfulness and grudges are like cancer … they will slowly kill your marriage.
9. YOU DO THINGS OUT OF DUTY AND OBLIGATION INSTEAD OF LOVE. It becomes all about you.
10. YOU STOP COMMUNICATING. You think, “Why even try, things won’t get better.”
Those are just a few of the things that turns a healthy marriage with your soulmate into a duty filled unhappy marriage.
Remember, a strong healthy marriage takes work. NEVER give up. Keep fighting for your marriage.